2008 Election in Canada
2008 Election Blog
- Mapleleafweb Will No Longer be Actively Maintained
- Centre for the Study of Democracy, Queen’s University - Debate on Senate Reform
- Congrats to Natasha B. for winning the iPod Touch!
- New Poll! Should we Update O'Canada to Remove "Sons"
- Take our Survey - You Could Win a IPOD Touch!
- Martha Hall Findlay Interview at ThePolitic.com
- Maple Leaf Web Forum Redesign Complete
- Jonathan McLeod Interviews Elizabeth May, Leader of the Green Party of Canada
- Does the Liberal Party Have to Lose in Order to Win?
- Mapleleafweb Twitter Account
- Canada’s Electoral System: Introduction to Federal and Provincial Elections
- Voter Turnout in Canada
- Minority Governments in Canada
- Coalition Governments in Canada
- Parliamentary Government in Canada: Basic Organization and Practices
- The Opposition in the Canadian House of Commons: Role, Structure, and Powers
Election Web Poll
Find a summary of the major political parties’ election platforms and key election promises for the 2008 federal election in Canada. Links to the official party platforms for the Conservatives, Liberals, NDP and the Green Party are also available.
Find a detailed articled outline the key issues and events in the 2008 federal election in Canada, including the minority/majority government question, the economy, leadership, the environment, and Canada in Afghanistan
Find information on Canadian federal electoral history from 2006-2008, including 2006 general election results, changes in party leadership, and party standing prior to 2008 general election.
Quick guide detailing how to vote in the 2008 election in Canada. Topics include, voter eligibility, where to vote, how to get on the voters list, and why its good to vote.
Find detailed information on registered political parties competing in the 2008 federal election in Canada, including political party leadership, political party background information, and party election platforms.